Welcome New Readers

A hearty welcome to my new friends from Shelley the Republican blog.  I am the author of that "deranged" post that you clicked on which brought you here.

"They spout all their nonsense about hate and moan on about equal
rights – as if that’s what the war was about – but really they’re just
mad for destruction and tearing down all that is good and holy."

Yes, I am "mad for destruction" and my goal is nothing less than "tearing down all that is good and holy." I was wondering how long it would take for someone to discover my true intentions.

Searching for Black Confederates: The Civil War’s Most Persistent Myth

“Levin’s study is the first of its kind to blueprint and then debunk the mythology of enslaved African Americans who allegedly served voluntarily in behalf of the Confederacy.”–Journal of Southern History

Purchase your copy today!

• Kevin Levin Mar 7, 2007 @ 21:05

Brett, — Thanks for the link. At least I now don’t have to worry that I’ve got a bunch of new whackos for readers.

• Brett Mar 7, 2007 @ 20:07

I’m pretty sure it is a parody. There was a page on the site explaining that it was, though that seems to have been removed. Here’s an archived copy: http://web.archive.org/web/20060513220157/http://shelleytherepublican.com/meaning-and-purpose.html

• Kevin Levin Mar 7, 2007 @ 16:47

Hi Ken, — I didn’t even bother to read through the post apart from the small section where the link is located. It’s all around strange which is why I didn’t link directly to it in the post. Hope all is well with you.

• Ken Noe Mar 7, 2007 @ 15:58

Kevin:

Many people on the net are convinced that the site is a satirical parody (Rev. Magna Bucks?) and having looked at it, boy I sure hope that’s the case.

Ken

• Kevin Levin Mar 7, 2007 @ 14:30

Manny, — Thanks for the support.

Brooks, — Seems like the only way I will be able to top this is if someone pulls a gun on me in public.

• Brooks Simpson Mar 7, 2007 @ 13:57

You keep on moving up in the world, Kevin. 🙂

• Manuel Gentile Mar 7, 2007 @ 11:36

Here’s my Zippo,

I’ll take this village…you get that one!