Fun Weekend in Store

Let’s see, I have 79 student comments to write by next Tuesday, fifteen letters of recommendation to write by Nov. 1 and one paper on Robert E. Lee to write by next Wednesday.  Finally, I have to write a report on why we should dump the AP program.

In other words, don’t expect to see anything along the lines of entertaining, insulting, or informative posts over the next week or so.

9 thoughts on “Fun Weekend in Store

1. Bill Bergen

Kevin,

I am in pretty much the same boat. For the Lee talk, I have an opening joke (that has a point), and a tentative conclusion and next to nothing in between. And lots of other stuff planned this weekend . . .

Bill

2. Kevin Levin

Bill, — I also have an opening and tentative conclusion, but no joke. Could it be worse? Since I plan to post my talk here perhaps you will agree to send me a copy so they can be posted together. What do you think? See you on Wednesday.

3. Bill Bergen

Kevin,

I would be pleased to post the talk–if it is any good. Yet, knowing how these things tend to turn out, I will be pleased enough with it that I will forward it on to you.

Bill

4. Kevin Levin

The short answer to your question is that I am growing more and more frustrated over an external control on the shape of my curriculum. I am always in a race to keep to a schedule and to study content that is absolutely irrelevant. Stay tuned as I plan to post segments of my report in the coming weeks.

5. Brian in Middle TN.

Kevin,

I’ve been keeping up with your posts regarding the use of primary sources in your classroom. How much of a struggle did your administration give you? Was this only applied in your AP classes? I’m a history major in college and a BIG FAN of exposing students to sources prior to history1010 freshman year.

Keep on posting brother!

6. Kevin Levin

Rebecca, — Shouldn’t you be in Richmond right about now? I will be in town tomorrow afternoon so perhaps we can meet up at some point to chat.