I Don’t Live in Dixie,

I live in Virginia.

• I am guessing this comment is in response to some lame-brained comment elsewhere, but am I living in “The Outer Limits” and just miss it? Could be too much holiday egg nog on my part. If so, just let me know. On the other hand, I do agree. I don’t think I’ll ever listen to an Alabama song quite the same way ever again.

• I guess you could say it’s a general response to comments I’ve read over time.

• Kevin,

I think you have your facts wrong, you do live in Dixie. From Merriam-Webster – http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Dixie%5B2%5D

Main Entry:
    Dix·ie
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈdik-sē\
    Function:
    geographical name

the states of the SE United States & especially those which constituted the Confederacy

Virginia was part of the Confederacy, that is if my Civil War memory serves me correctly. 🙂

Ed

• Thanks for the correction Ed. I will make a note of it. 🙂

• Great work this year, Kevin. I’ve greatly enjoyed your blog and look forward to following it in 2009. Hope you have a Happy New Year
    Mark

• Kevin

You are correct despite Merriam-Webster.

We live in the Old Dominion. Dixie starts somewhere south of Lake Gaston and southwest of Mount Rogers!

Glad I found you blog!

• Thanks John. Hope to hear from you again.

• And you are by no means welcome here, as you are nothing more than a juvenile antagonist looking to provoke a response. Hence this post. I am happy to oblige you.

• BP, — Thanks so much for the southern hospitality. (LOL)

• hahaha..ahh this is great–never a dull moment with you, Mr. Levin

• Nice to hear from you Logan. Hope you are enjoying the break.

• Well Kev so much for your geography lessons in school. You must have flunked them…but you do have one good blog here so keep up the good work and my 2009 be even better for Civil War Memory.

• Thanks William and Happy New Year to you too.

• shhhh, my wife is from New Hampshire and I told here that Fairfax and Arlington counties don’t count as Dixie… (and I suspect most of the delegates in Richmond would agree!)

• Hope you and your wife have a Happy New Years.

• I always thought “Dixie” referred to the Mason-Dixon line, named after the two surveyors who mapped the Pennsylvania-Maryland border.

Of course, there is also a “Dixie of the mind”, inhabited by neo-Confederates. Maybe this is the one you meant?

• I mean a lot of things. Thanks for the comment.