Lincoln Sportin’ the Bling

[via 21st Century Abe]

Lincoln Bling

• Robert Moore Mar 31, 2009 @ 14:22

What’s this?! I know everyone wants to assume that there was some “connection” that makes him a natural Yankees fan, but I think he was more of a “hometown type of fellow” and went for the Cubbies!

• Kevin Levin Mar 31, 2009 @ 16:35

Robert,

It is pretty hilarious. In reading Barry Schwartz’s new book on Lincoln and memory I am struck by the level of interest and even reverence that the Brits have expressed toward Lincoln, especially during the WWII. I may post a bit on this at some point soon.

• Ken Noe Mar 31, 2009 @ 16:48

As we all remember from our history books, Abraham Lincoln bought a new outfit before he made the Cooper Union speech. And here it is.

Robert, in Springfield, he probably would have been a Cardinals fan. Down state is Redbirds country.

• Kevin Levin Apr 1, 2009 @ 2:37

Ken,

It’s ironic that given Lincoln’s position on colonization that the individual(s) who dressed Lincoln chose a unified Africa piece.

• Larry Cebula Apr 1, 2009 @ 14:38

This is the greatest thing ever. My town, Spokane, has a wonderful Lincoln statue. And I have not pulled a prank in ages….

• Robert Moore Apr 1, 2009 @ 15:29

As long as it is creative, conveys a meaning, non-damaging to the statue, and you take pictures for all of us to see… only then will we not tell, Larry! Of course, posting them on a blog might be a little self-incriminating. 🙂

• Kevin Levin Apr 1, 2009 @ 15:42

Larry,

Just don’t jeopardize your tenure.