It All Makes Perfect Sense

22 thoughts on “It All Makes Perfect Sense

1. Larry Cebula

Exactly. Though her comments are the usual word salad of someone who has no idea what they are saying (so many of her impromptu remarks read exactly like the freshman essays from students who didn’t do the readings, she accidentally put herself on the opposite side of the historiography as many of her followers.

1. James Harrigan

Ron Paul makes no sense, but his foolish, dogmatic, and uninformed views are at least coherently expressed. Where Palin really stands out is not in the stupidity of her policy views, because she has no policy views. Her real claim to fame is perfectly illustrated in this video: as a maker of word salad (as Larry put it) she has no equal.

1. Charles

I don’t get Sarah Palin … I’m glad I don’t get Sarah Palin. When you start getting people like Sarah Palin it’s time to take a serious self inventory.

2. Todd Arrington

I’d be interested in knowing the question she was asked. Assuming this was on Sean Hannity’s show based on her saying “Sean” at one point, the question was likely as nonsensical as the answer.

1. Andy Hall

Probably something along the lines of, “Governor, how has the president betrayed the vision of the Founders in his Trotskyite agenda to enslave us all?”

1. Kate Halleron

From the subheading it looks like they were discussing the Breitbart ‘bombshell’ – that Obama as a law student at Harvard actually KNEW a Law Professor at HARVARD! Shocking!

What that has to do with the Civil War or the Declaration of Independence beats me. I’m no more enlightened after listening to this (but that’s nothing new).

3. Brad

And to think she was almost VP. Oh my god!

The funniest comment had to be that Obama wanted things to go back before the Civil War: enslavement!

4. Jimmy Dick

The truly amazing thing is that she actually believes what she says. I think the scarier part is that some people take her seriously. She would fail junior high social studies just going by what she says. I think she has become a media junkie and is so desperate for attention that she is willing to go on camera and say anything in order to get people to watch her. Just watch, she will be an infomercial queen in five years.

5. Lyle Smith

Generally, she gets the big picture history right. I mean, she’s not a historian… but, the Civil War was the big turning point for racial and class equality in America. She loves her some Republican Party.

6. Allen Edelstein

I guess this proves that history education is not getting through to many of our supposedly better educated citizens. And that the Republicans must be the party of the little people in our nation? Or maybe history and sociology have gotten mixed up with Grimm’s fairy tales or something. Should I scream or roll on the floor laughing? Both, I guess.

1. Tom Thompson

There is a purity to her ignorance! Raw basic ignorance…she doesn’t know what she doesn’t know.

1. Allen Edelstein

I suspect you are correct, that her ignorance is honest. But ignorance of the law is no excuse. And ignorance of history and facts, especially in the arena that she uses it is even more of a ‘crime’ and much more dangerous.. She exhibits much of what is potentially dnagerous of individual liberty and freedom of speech, irresponsibility.

And what’s even more scary so do so many of our politicians and leaders these days, paticularly many of our conservative ones. If they ever looked at our Constitution and read about our founding fathers, they only saw the words and understand nothing. A friend of mine likes to use the line – please don’t confuse me with facts. It fits here like a tight glove.

If McCain’s camp hadn’t been so desperate to energize his campaign in 2008 we never would have heard of Sara Palin.

1. Allen Edelstein

And now we’re stuck with her, I suppose it shows that McCain and his cohorts don’t handle pressure that well and they jumped at something that looked good without doing proper investigation. But it doesn’t really matter. He lost.