Just a quick reminder that I am available as a public speaker for a wide range of events, including teacher workshops and guided tours. My calendar is quickly filling up for 2017, but my schedule is still flexible enough that I should be able to accommodate most requests.
- February 4: “Radical Public History” (panel discussion), Newport Historical Society, Newport, RI.
- February 8: “Taking a Stand on the Confederate Flag,” The Newman School, Boston, MA.
- February 11: Teacher Workshop on Lincoln and Race, Massachusetts Historical Society, Boston, MA.
- February 12: “The History and Memory of the Confederate Battle Flag,” Department of Massachusetts, Sons of Union Veterans, Wakefield, MA.
- March 7: “What Does the Confederate Flag Mean to You,” panel discussion sponsored by Fostering Racial Justice Group, Sargent Memorial Library, Boxborough, MA.
- April 22: Thinking About Confederate Iconography in the Wake of Charleston,” National Civil War Museum, Harrisburg, PA.
- May 2: Webinar on Fake News and Fake History, National Humanities Center.
- May 23: “The History and Memory of the Confederate Battle Flag,” New Bedford Civil War Round Table, New Bedford, MA.
- June 14: Civil War Memory and Monuments, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, GA.
- July 9-18: Traveling in Vietnam with National Humanities Center/TransPacific Teacher Scholars Project.
- September 27: Searching For Black Confederate Soldiers,” Civil War Round Table of Central Massachusetts, Holden, MA.
- October 18: Topic, TBD, Rhode Island Civil War Round Table, Cranston, RI.
Let me know how I can help. Contact information.