Civil War Babies Found Alive!

[Hat-Tip to David Noon]

While everyone else is worried about a casino at Gettysburg, Civil War Memory is committed to bringing to its readers the stories that really matter.  Unfortunately, this one goes back to 1992.  Enjoy.

The story can be found here

• hahaha… we used to have this hanging up in the Gettysburg NMP library in the old Cyclorama building. Always provided a good laugh.

• OK Kevin, are you confident enough in your skills as an unbiased historian to allow this to become public knowledge?

Best
    Rob

• Hilarious. Thanks for that one, Rob.

• Vampire babies, no doubt! Sounds like vampire-killin Abe has something else to “address” at Gettysburg! LOL!

• So were they “conceived in liberty” right on the battlefield? And of course they were found at Gettysburg–it’s the only “Civil War place” the average WWN reader has heard of.

• Keep them coming. I’ve never seen these before.

• I’ve seen that particular one on JonahWorld. Pretty hilarious!
      Chris

• This is the biggest thing since black confederates!

• Wow…I had forgotten about this…and I even paid good money for this issue back in ’92…thank goodness we grow wiser as we get older.

• A story about civil war babies? So tell me Kevin, why DO you hate the South so much??? 🙂

• Wake me up when they find a black Confederate baby.

–Dave

• ROLF Rags like that are always good for a Laugh! Thanks Kevin !

• Dear Kevin: thanks for the moment of Civil War levity. I also remember the WWN story where some scientists managed to reanimate Lincoln for 100 seconds.

• Somewhere in all of this there is a lesson plan for my class on Civil War memory. 😀

• The story a few pages down was pretty enlightening; seems Abe Lincoln has another child.

• If this sort of thing were true, there’d be dozens of oral history interviews, which would be great fun, not to mention hundreds of graduate students wandering around battlefields looking for time warps back to the past….

How long before some student finds these via a google search (abe lincoln gender) and cites them?